January is Mentoring Month
Every January, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwest Michigan celebrates National Mentoring Month. Throughout the celebration, we recognize the volunteer mentors (Bigs), volunteers, and supporters who are actively working to positively impact children’s lives in our community. Mentors change our community and world!
Big Brothers Big Sisters’ vision is that all youth achieve their full potential. Our volunteers, supporters, and partners — you, here reading this post — work together to bring this vision to life. You support our work matching children ages 6 and older with caring mentors who ignite their power and promise.
Will you commit to making a bigger difference as a Big? 100+ local youth are ready to be matched. It only takes two hours, twice per month just being you to make a profound impact. Learn more here.
Important Mentoring Month dates:
- January 7: I Am A Mentor Day – Today we celebrate the life-changing impact of mentors. Use #IAmaMentor to share your story on social media
- January 20: K-Wings Night with Schupan
- January 16: Dr. Martin Luther King Day of Service – Mentorship is service. Read about Dr. King’s mentors in this blog post from 2021.
- January 17: International Mentoring Day
- January 21: Thank Your Mentor Day – Show your appreciation for the mentors and mentees in your life. Use #ThankYourMentor on social media
Join us on Facebook all month long for the celebration.
Thank you to all of our Bigs, volunteers and supporters who are igniting the power and promise of their Littles. We celebrate you!